Be Ahead of The Game!
If in the event of having water damage in your home and it consists of clean water, there are a few steps you can take to help with the start of the drying process.
- If safe, turn off the circuit breaker. If the standing water is over the electrical sockets on the floors or walls, do not touch the water. Once the power is off, unplug all electronics to avoid shock.
- Stop the water source. Locate where the cause of water damage is and try to stop or minimize the flow. If the leak is caused by a broken pipe, you will have to contact a plumber beforehand.
- Once you have stopped the water source, you will then want to contact SERVPRO of Mar Vista and your insurance company. If the damage by water is large you will, you will, of course, want to call as soon as you can.
- To help with the process of the claim, you can take pictures of the damages right away. Starting with the cause of loss and any areas or items that have been affected.
- While SERVPRO makes its way over, you can help by removing any light items or furniture from the affected area so that the technicians can have a faster start of cleaning and drying the area.
- To help decrease the amount of water, you can attempt to dry the flooring by mopping or blotting until the professionals arrive.
With any emergency situation, SERVPRO of Mar Vista will be ready 24/7, 365. Our friendly team will be here, ready to assist you when needed. Give us a call at (310) 822-7800.